Monday, July 6, 2009

Public Enemies


Ok, really? Could you not just look at that face all day long?


Anyhoo, I know nothing of John Dillinger, no do I usually enjoy gangster films, but I am woman enough to admit that I went to see Johnny Depp. Let me tell you, I was not disappointed. He is at his most handsomest in this film.


Enough with the drooling on with the review. Again, let me reiterate I know nothing of the historical aspects of this film and I don't care about them either. Plain and simple this is a love story.

There is a lot of shooting and blood (most of the blood shots are gratuitous in my opinion) and that will be enough to make the guys not realize a good old fashioned love story is unfolding right in front of their eyes.

Oscar winner Marion Cotillard is the love interest but meh this is all about Depp. Although, I do have to give a shout out to Christian Bale for his performance as the unerving FBI agent Melvin Purvis, I didn't even recognize him and had to wait for the credits to role to find out who it was.

Girls sell seeing this movie to your guy as a gangster flick.
Guys sell seeing this movie to your girl as a love story.

Everyone will be happy.


Three Diet Cokes.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do movie reviews on my site to!! But they are usually for movies that are on video!And I am not as good at reviewing as you are! I love how you score them with Diet Cokes!!

Post a Comment

 
ss_blog_claim=9278e5fdce5be2a75ae2216c93b6a1b1